I’ve finally found the correct tools to create those Instagram loose waves. After trialing wand after wand for a while now, I’ve discovered the Nicky Clarke Multi Styler Curling Wand. You really don’t need to pay a fortune for a decent wand. This one comes with three different barrels which slot on and off and ranges from £35 to £65.
I had so much fun creating this look with the talented photographer Gemma Parker.
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the perfect jewellery to go alongside my loose waves. How beautiful is the Rose Gold Le Petit Skull & Cross by jewellery designer Kim? I chose to wear a black buttoned A line skirt, khaki shirt and boots with smokey eyes and fresh natural skin tones created by MUA Kim Lumston.
- Ensure your hair is smooth and frizz free, use straighteners or blow wave.
- Use medium size sections of hair, spray the section with hairspray first and then backcomb the root.
- Curl with the 25mm barrel (I personally curl mine away from my face).
- Hold the curl in your hand for a few seconds so it does not drop down and let it cool (this helps to set it).
- Release and spray curl with hairspray.
- Repeat until you have curled all of the head.
- Pull the curls out with your fingers, if the curls look too tight comb the ends with a soft bristle brush!